Friday, March 18

Grey Gardens

Drew Barrymore at the premiere of Grey Gardens- she looks stunning
Real Eddie Bouvier Beale

The Eddies photographed later in life

Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange in Grey Gardens



The amazing house became a wreck

Interior of Grey Gardens in the good days

The house later
Since I first saw Jackie Kennedy, I always wanted to see all the movies I could with her. I know Grey Gardens was about her first cousin and aunt- the Eddies, but I didn't expect to see the amount of fashion ideas from these two world isolated women. Especially the latest adaptation was amazing and I loved the clothes Barrymore was wearing and how she mis matched everything- just fab! Oh sometimes I wish I could just live like them all my life without a care in the world. When you are that rich you can afford to go mad, can't you? 


Big Edie and Little Edie, as they were known, were the aunt and first cousin of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. They are remembered for the deeply eccentric lives they led. Originally Park Avenue socialites, the pair eventually retreated to their summer home in East Hampton, where they lived out the latter parts of their lives in complete squalor and poverty. The story of how these two women, who shared a fierce mother-daughter bond went from being the crème de la crème of New York Society to social misfits oblivious to the outside world is both fascinating and heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment